Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day

Massive blizzard: it snowed hard since from before 5am until about a half hour ago. Schools are closed, daycare's closed, the library's closed. Serious shit. A good day to stay home, stoking the fire and whipping up a big batch of soup. Right now it looks to be cream of potato with fine-diced shoestring carrots, shallots, celery, and portabellas. I've fried bacon up crisp , some to be simmered in and some to be sprinkled on top and now I'm sauteeing the veggies. In the bacon grease. The house. Smells. Decadent.

I have a backyard full of 8 puffy fluffy deer. The small ones are almost belly-deep. Some of them are hanging in the back treeline, up on their back legs browsing on the cedar boughs that're weighted down with snow.

Oh my God. Colbert's killing on the auto bailout. Tee hee :-D

Last night I picked up a six of Woodchuck Limited Release and I had some O'Fallon Wheach in the other hand when I spied Tommyknocker's Cocoa Porter. Temporarily suspending my knee-jerk embargo on all things Coloradan, I bit. I opened one last night but didn't care for it much. Thick and powdery, and not the sweet flavor I was hoping for. I left it out on the counter overnight, picked it back up about an hour ago, and Hey! Muuuch better. I'm not a fan of warm beer, but for me cold doesn't improve this one at all.













I have to clip Abbey's paws. She comes in from being outside and spends the next 5 minutes chewing off snow globs. But first I have a date with the snowblower before one of the neighbor guys takes pity on me and does it himself. I didn't run today so I'm getting a little crazy for fresh air.

Before & After


No comments:

Post a Comment