First day of bona fide training for the Trail Marathon. I was way excited last night, but not so much when I got up this morning. Dragging, procrastinating, considering just staying home and noodling around on the computer. But I went because I knew if I could get past Mile 1 I'd be good, and if I could manage 2 then I'd want to just put in the 3 I was supposed to. And I knew that I'd feel better afterward if I went. So I got dressed and put on my ipod, and lo and behold, Firecracker was the first song cued up. And after that was Powerful Stuff. I indulged myself with a split second's worth of F U, and then just enjoyed the music. Mile 1 was good for a change, 2 good as well, 3 a little bit of a stretch because the route tended toward the rolly uphill. 32 and change, so I can tell that the snowy roads are having a say in my time.
I'm registered for the Wolverine Resolution Run on the 31st and I'm really looking forward to it. My first cold weather race, good for a PR attempt. 9 minute miles'll do it.
I saw Dan today when I was cutting through the Home Depot parking lot on the way to Circuit City. I recognized him immediately; he was walking and I was driving. I'm not sure he recognized me but he may have. Immediately my insides clutched and I just wish it hadn't happened at all. There's just nothing about that time of my life that I want to go back to or remember. We haven't seen each other since we signed off on the final tax return. I could've lived my whole life and never seen him again. Fucker.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment