The deer came in again just as I was leaving the house so I snapped this picture. The maple tree the three're under is only about 20 feet from the house.The run went really well. I knew I was going to be pushing to get 3 miles in *and* pick up the kids in time but I didn't want to settle for 2. I did 3 in 28:55, negative splits by about 15 secs each, and I was still late to daycare. Oops. But to be knocking hard on my 5k PR (28:23) this early in training is a very good feeling.
I had the day off work and I spent a lot of time on my race calendar for 2009. I'm eventually going to put it into a gadget on the sidebar but right now it looks like this:
Dec 31 Wolverine Resolution Run 4-Miler
Jan 17 Portland River Run 5k
Apr 19 Yellow Jacket Challenge (volunteering, not running...the RD's in my group)
Apr 26 Trail Marathon
May 31 Dexter-Ann Arbor Run Half Marathon
June 6 Flirt With Dirt 5k Trail Run
July 25 Grand Island Trail Marathon
Aug 1 The Legend 5 Mile Trail Race
Oct ?? Grand Rapids Marathon
The Trail Marathon, Flirt With Dirt, and The Legend comprise The Serious Series. I got a great discount for registering early ($57 for all 3, I think) and I get a pint glass (!!) for finishing. Tell me, how could I resist? Yeah, The Legend's only 1 week after Grand Island but I figure I can drag my ass through 5 miles. My plan is to only take 1 or 2 days of complete rest after a half or full and then get back in the saddle with low, slow mileage. Last year after Grand Island I took a week off and essentially never came back.
On a personal note...
This blog's intended to be about my running, but life's always nibbling at the edges. I recently lost someone very dear to me. And although I tried, there will always be things that won't be talked through and explanations that'll never be given. Tonight I read all the angry words he wrote...nothing I said made a difference anyway. Resuming training's bittersweet: I'm running well and can't share it.

No comments:
Post a Comment