
So. Two negative splits, and all miles under 10:00. Not bad for the condition I'm in and the weight I'm at.
My split times don't add up to 38:38 but they're the readings from my Garmin (which also put the course long). I touched it off right as I went off the start (late, bahahaha) but as always the last thing on my mind as I crossed the finish was to stop the timer. More like, Ohhh...done. And then: Would you people PLEASE get out of the way? Why are you just standing there dawdling and yammering in the middle of the street not 10 feet behind the finish line?
I was going to write a longer report, but it was going epic on me and what's the point for a puny little 4-miler? So I'll just hit the high points.
There were no aid stations. None. There wasn't anything in the literature or on the race management site and I figured that was just an oversight. Nope. Nada. What's up with that?
The course was a simple out-and-back with a few rolling hills. Nothing major. The turnaround consisted of a guy standing at an intersection with a neon orange sign that read TURNAROUND. This of course fits quite well with the Less Is More ethos you get with no aid stations.
I couldn't run slow to save my life. I realize Slow is a relative term and that my Slow is another person's If I Were Moving Any Less I'd Be Dead, but there you are.
I was late off the start because my Garmin still hadn't synced up since I turned it on at the car. I wasn't alone. Another guy was in the same boat. I think I actually took off before he did.
This fluke-y thing happened with the skully I thought for sure I'd left at home because I didn't like the way it looked but somehow ended up on the floor of my car, saving me from either going bareheaded or defaulating to a thick fleece earband that made my hair pouf out. Gah.

No comments:
Post a Comment