I went running Tuesday night with a woman from my group. I'd stayed home with Christine all day, making the best of the time. Here's what I did:
1. Stocked the wood room with about 5 barrowloads
2. Did 3 loads of laundry
3. Downloaded my Garmin software onto my laptop
4. Cleaned the litter box (fun fun fun)
5. Filled the birdfeeders
6. Coiled up the extension cords I tried to use to get the woodsplitter going (long story)
7. Clipped both dogs' claws (nails?)
8. Charged my Garmin and my iPod
9. Took out the trash
10. Swept the kitchen
11. Vacuumed the living room
12. Snowblowed (snowblew?) the driveway
13. Cleaned the bathroom
Plus I got some news that...set me back a bit. I flagged a little in the afternoon and worried that I wouldn't have enough energy for my run, but things worked out.
I had a new sitter ~ the niece of the woman across the street, and a member of the cross-country team. She hates running outside in the winter.
I wore my new Brooks Nightlife hi-viz. Love it. I almost got hit one night last week cresting a hill just as a car took a hard right. I always run on the street as opposed to the sidewalk and this was the closest call I've ever had. With the snow there's not much in the way of bike lanes, and a navy blue or black shirt may be ok at 4am when there's no traffic but at 6pm maybe not so much. I got the men's style because the women's only had 1 tiny mp3 pocket on the chest what's up with that? and the men's has two pockets plus one for an mp3.
I also wore my Amphipod again. The bottle rode much more comfortably this time.
Anyway, the run. We ended up doing 4 miles and took two very brief walk breaks. It was 8 degrees when we left home and 4 when we got back. It was nice having someone else there, and we may start doing this more often, but I don't think I'll ever become an evening runner.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment