Suuure. Why not?
http://www.bdeventsmi.com/Run_Beaver_Island.html
The moment I read about this race I knew it was meant to be. Grand Island may just have become a tune-up for my first BQ attempt. My feelings about shooting for Boston change like the weather, but I have a feeling about this one. We'll see.
Pluses:
It's on an island.
It's on a Saturday.
The aid stations'll have more than the standard Gu-and-Gatorade.
The shirt sounds cool.
I can dunk in the lake afterward.
The colors should be awesome.
It fits my all-Michigan, mostly-trails plan for 2009.
It offers a 7am early start...good for getting a jump on late-summer temps.
Minuses:
Umm...other than this becoming the 3rd of 4 marathons for the year and I may be putting myself at risk for an overtraining injury and spousal grief, I can't think of any. In other words, nothing that'll make me wish I hadn't registered.
I'm totally geeked.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment