After months of refusing on the grounds that I was too old, I finally gave in and set up a profile on Facebook.
It's more fun than I thought it'd be. I didn't know about the applications. I have a farm! People send me drinks!
My husband is thrilled that I've found a new way to have fun.
Not.
It started as a means to keep up with the people and goings-on related to my high school reunion. They still comprise the majority of my friends, and that's intentional. I have a couple friends from RWOL but I found quickly that, as I'd suspected, the same things that bothered me there were happening on Facebook too. So I thinned the ranks a bit, with some misgivings, and that's helped. I still get a little bit of the old interaction, and now & then I consider dipping my toes back in that particular pond. Not yet, though. Not ready.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment