Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday

I ran:

3.12 miles on Wednesday. A much better run than Tuesday's. Much lighter on my feet, and in time with the music.

2.something yesterday. I deviated my route a little, and it occurs to me now like it never did last year: Greenville is very hilly. Not giant peaks or anything, but rolling hills, constant hills, more hills than flats.

I posted on Facebook that I'm considering an ultra. I still am. It hasn't gone away. The way I see it, I'm here right at the very beginning. I've scrapped what few races I have left. I'm in crap shape. Now is the time to look ahead and see what I want to be the next step. Faster doesn't mean that much to me. Which rules out Boston as a goal. So...why not longer? I remember texting a friend after a particularly long run (or was it grocery shopping after a particular long run? I forget.) and wondering, now that I'd done this thing, what else could I do? How far could I go, if I'd gone that far? What was out there? What was my limit? Is there a limit?

So just thinking about it. I haven't chosen a race, or a particular distance. I don't know which I'll light on first. I just know it'll be next year sometime. I don't want to rush training, and I'm not even considering a set training program. I think just a slow accumulation of miles over a long period of time sounds good right now. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment