Ran 2 miles this morning. The first in almost a week? Over a week? The days all run together lately. Regardless, the display on my Garmin before I reset it was the 6+ I did up in Grand Marais on Mother's Day weekend. So yeah, that'd make it almost 2 weeks.
Russell woke me up at 3:15 because his closet light (it serves as his night light) wasn't on and he's not tall enough to reach the pull chain. I tucked him back in and went back to bed but couldn't get back to sleep so I got up at 3:50 and got ready to go.
I felt pretty good, overall. The first mile went fast, meaning I went too fast. The first few blocks had a couple episodes where I started gulping air like I was going to cry, but I hung together and kept going. It did feel really good to finally get out of the house. I've been starting to think that all this has left me, that I'm not a runner anymore. I mean, I haven't felt like a runner and I certainly don't look like a runner...if it doesn't walk like a duck and it doesn't look like a duck, who's to say it's a duck?
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment