Sunday, May 3, 2009

Miles

I ran 12 two weeks ago, from home to Belding and back. I'd been looking forward to the route, and it's a good one for all I'm not huge on long straightaways. The way down wasn't so bad, but the way back was tough. Good hill work. Killed me. First ice bath of the season.

The next week I came down with a monster head cold. Took a day and a half off work. Ran nothing at all until this past Wednesday (2) and Thursday (4). They went really well, considering I'm still sort of stuffed up. It was just nice to wake up and not feel like avoidig the idea of going running.

I ran 8.7 this past Saturday. The group is a little problematic for me right now. I like going, I like seeing everybody, I like feeling like part of the pack. Trouble is, my pace is so slow right now that I just can't keep up with anyone. Not even Michelle. And when she & I run together, I feel pushed to go faster than I'm able to maintain, which leads to me feeling like I'm crap for running so slow. Better all around for me to just hang back like I did last year, let everyone else go ahead of me, and just stick to my own pace by myself.

Anyway, Saturday's run was hard. I had a cup of coffee and I'm not sure what else, not much, to eat before. Whatever it was, it wasn't enough. I died in mile 2 and started taking gel just to backfill my energy supply. And thankfully that helped.

More later. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment